There are a lot of common problems that can be wrong with your printer. Try these first.
1) If the print quality goes down in inkjet printers , try running printhead cleaning cycles.
2) All fan the paper before loading it in the tray to avoid paper jams.
3) Make sure the paper you are using falls in the paper specs for the printer.
4) The drivers in the computer also get corrupted from time to time and may need to be re installed to avoid communication issues.
5) Avoid using very long USb or Parallel cables.
6) Call us anytime for free tech support for any of the printer issues.